We offer a quality service, providing a co-ordinated approach to legal and financial advice to give you peace of mind. Elderflower brings together five well respected professional firms including solicitors, financial advisers and accountants who provide top quality legal and financial advice from specialists in their fields.
There are specific financial and legal issues that concern older people. The so called ‘sandwich generation’ may have teenage or adult children, and grandchildren as well as elderly parents to care for. Making a Will is an obvious step - though two thirds of people still do not make one, according to recent research. Planning for old age can be a challenge, partly because of the different issues that arise but also because the time, effort and expense of seeing financial advisers, accountants and solicitors can induce inertia. Trying to get good quality, relevant advice from government departments or advisory services can also be a struggle.
At Elderflower, some of the issues we can help you with are:
- Finding out easily whether you can save or invest your money without fear of it all being used to pay for your care in old age.
- Considering a tax planning Will to save your loved ones becoming liable to a huge inheritance tax bill after your death.
- Advising about Lasting Powers of Attorney (which enables someone you trust to look after your finances if you lose mental capacity).
- Accessing expert advice on welfare benefits.
- Buying, selling and transferring commercial and residential property. We can also advise on equity release.
- Setting up a trust (this can be particularly important if you have a disabled child)
- Resolving disputes over inheritances.
- Contact with children and grandchildren
- Court of Protection issues.
We will make sure that you have clear information upfront as to how much any legal or financial advice would cost. Community Services Legal Funding (Legal Aid), Trade Union or legal expenses insurance may be available for certain advice, or Conditional Fee Agreements for some litigation.
There are many unregulated and unqualified advisers in the market place. Elderflower offers personal, friendly, holistic advice from specialist advisers on all aspects of financial and legal issues that affect those in later life.
We are very happy to chat to you about our service and if you are involved in a community group that you feel would benefit from finding out about the subjects mentioned above our professional advisers are happy to give talks free of charge.
Please call 0843 2895160 for more information.
News & Events
Ridley & Hall Shortlisted for Three Prestigious Awards The firm has been shortlisted for the prestigious Law Society Excellence Awards 2016 in the category of Excellence [more]
On Carers’ Rights Day (29th November) Nigel Priestley was interviewed by ITV Calendar News about the rights of family & friend carers and [more]
The Local Government Ombudsman has launched a damning report on local authorities failure to support family and friends Carers. A damning report on Family [more]
Request a call back
Send us your contact details and we’ll call you!
Sorry, no Tweets were found.