Alex Watkinson is a Solicitor who specialises in Contentious Trust and Probate matters. Alex joined Bell & Buxton in 2001 and deals with a wide variety of such matters including Inheritance Act claims, financial abuse, disputed wills and trust disputes. Alex’s previous experience as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives and a period of time working at Sheffield County Court has provided him with an invaluable knowledge and understanding of the court process.
Alex’s recent experience includes:
- a cross-border dispute over a multi-million pound estate;
- unraveling of a litigated estate involving a number of properties;
- various multi-million pound Inheritance Act/Constructive Trust/Estoppel claims;
- a professional negligence and rectification claim arising out of the defective drafting of a Will by a will writer;
- a successfully contested application by a third party to remove Bell & Buxton clients as Executors, resulting in a costs order being made in favour of our clients;
- various high value and complex financial abuse cases, including applications to set aside transfers and gifts on the grounds of invalidity or undue influence.
News & Events
Ridley & Hall Shortlisted for Three Prestigious Awards The firm has been shortlisted for the prestigious Law Society Excellence Awards 2016 in the category of Excellence [more]
On Carers’ Rights Day (29th November) Nigel Priestley was interviewed by ITV Calendar News about the rights of family & friend carers and [more]
The Local Government Ombudsman has launched a damning report on local authorities failure to support family and friends Carers. A damning report on Family [more]
Request a call back
Send us your contact details and we’ll call you!
Sorry, no Tweets were found.